Twice it seems!! I’m not too excited about this, but I suppose that since I have the time I should respond.
Six Things I Do For Joy
- Play with Rylee: I make sure I have time for this daily. There’s something so fun and freeing about playing with children. I pretty much go with her flow and follow her lead. Once in a while I’ll try to point her in a direction and then she runs with it from there.
- Watch College Football: Sadly, this one is about to come to an end for the year. It’s been a wonderful season as a PSU fan. Although the season is over I’m anxiously awaiting their trip to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl. I suppose that I’ll have to watch other conferences go through their playoffs as our team rests and watches game film.
- Watch Pro Football: As an Eagles fan this hasn’t really been much of a ‘joy’ this season. However, I’m not a bandwagon fan so I still watch and try to support the team. Hopefully things will turn around for the second half of the season.
- Spend Time With Family & Friends: I know this is a popular one for everyone. It seems that the more that time passes the busier we all get. Our friends, like us, are starting families and that really changes the dynamics of relationships. I will say that we are blessed because we see our friends, especially those without children, as often as possible. Getting our families together or even just to our house seems to take more effort these days as there are more schedules to coordinate. To me, that makes our time together even more precious. I’m very much looking forward to the holidays as we all seem to make time to get together then.
- Read: For a few years now this almost seems like a luxury to me. When I get the time to curl up with a book I feel like a queen. These days it seems I do my reading in short spurts so it takes me a while to get through a book. I’ve been introduced to a bunch of new authors and writing styles by friends of mine over the last few years and I really appreciate their reading suggestions.
- Creative Time: If reading is a luxury I’m not sure what to call this time. I will say it’s been far too long since I’ve made the time to be creative. I have been telling myself it will happen over the weekend for so long that now it’s a joke to myself. However, with a long holiday weekend ahead of me I really do hope that I find some time to get out my beading supplies and feed the creative juices.
7 Random or Weird Facts About Me
- I have a dragonfly tattoo on the inside of my right ankle. Got it in the Spring of 2000.
- I have never smoked a cigarette.
- I am petrified of snakes, to the point that I cannot listen to people talk about them or even see photos of them. Not sure where this fear came from, but it is very real.
- In my life I have had 3 dogs and 5 cats as pets.
- I have now moved 26 times since being born.
- I have only three cousins.
- I am not going to tag anyone else.